Filing for Candidacy
- Candidates for Mayor, Assembly and School Board must be qualified voters of the borough and residents of the borough for one year at the time of filing.
- A school district employee may seek election to the School Board but must resign his/her position with the District if elected.
- Candidates for service area boards must be qualified voters of the borough and residents of the service area for at least 30 days immediately preceding filing for office.
Write-In Filing for Candidacy
Election Write-In Candidacy Packets are now available in the Borough Clerk's Office or available for download in the links below. Please print the files two-sided.
- Write-In Candidacy packet for Mayor, Assembly, and School Board
- Write-In Candidacy packet for Service Area Boards
The code provision pertaining to write-in candidacy and write-in votes can be found in KIBC 7.30.125. Please contact the Borough Clerk's Office at (907) 486-9310 for any questions. Packets must be submitted by 3 p.m. on Tuesday, September 26, 2023.
|Mayor, One Seat||Two Year Term||Scott Arndt|
|Assembly Members, Three Seats||Three Year Terms||Joseph Delgado, Geoffrey Smith, and Ryan Sharratt|
|School Board, Two Seats||Three Year Terms||Katie Oliver and Duncan Fields|
|Bay View Road Service Area, One Seat||Three Year Terms||Lucas Baxter|
|Fire Protection Service Area, Two Seats||Three Year Terms||Richard Carstens and Craig Walton|
|Monashka Bay Road Service Area, One Seat||Three Year Terms||Patrick Joseph O'Donnell|
|Service Area No. 1 Board, Three Seats||Three Year Terms||Scott Arndt, Curtis Howell, and Mike Sirofchuck|
|Womens Bay Service Area Board, three seats||Three Year Terms||Greg Egle, David Heuman, and vacant seat|