Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
March 4, 2017, 2:00 PM @ Bayside Fire Department
To discuss the development of regulations relating to the keeping of chickens and other small livestock in residential zoning districts.
At this meeting Borough staff will be giving a presentation on:
• Benefits of keeping chickens
• Concerns with keeping chickens
• How chickens are regulated nationwide
• How chickens are regulated in Alaska
• Considerations for regulating chickens in Kodiak
The goals of this meeting are to:
• Provide information to the public through a presentation and handouts
• Facilitate discussion on the benefits and concerns of raising small livestock in Kodiak
• Document these Kodiak-specific benefits and concerns
• Document community ideas for promoting benefits and addressing concerns through regulation