Regulations for Use of Facilities
KFRC Building Use Policies
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the Kodiak Fisheries Research Center.
- Religious functions are prohibited at the Center.
- The serving of alcoholic beverages for events after hours at the Kodiak Fisheries Research Center will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- A coffee pot is available for your use upon request.
- Please let us know if you need a coffee pot for your meeting.
- You must provide your own coffee, sugar, creamer and cups.
- Coffee pots must be left clean and turned off when you are done using the room.
- Use caution when rearranging the furniture so as not to damage the walls. Lift the large conference room heavy tables if moving them; do not drag them across the carpet. Tables may not be removed from the rooms they are already in.
- Use caution when placing items on the conference room tables so as not to leave any permanent marks.
- Do not use tacks, nails, pins or tape on the walls or anything else that may leave permanent marks.
- In the lobby areas, glasses cannot be set on the rails of the stairwell.
- The wood surface is not entirely flat and spillage or breakage may occur.
- Rooms must be cleaned according to the Cleaning Procedures listed above.
- If rooms are left dirty, the cleaning deposit will be retained.
- Participants in your function should remain in the room or area you are utilizing.
- Other areas of the building are off-limits (excluding the restrooms and main lobby areas) unless special permission is received from the Kodiak Island Borough.
- If your function is during normal working hours (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.), members of your group need to be quiet when moving about the building so as not to disturb the tenants.
- If your function is outside of normal working hours, a Kodiak Island Borough employee will unlock the building for your function and will be responsible for locking and securing the building at the end of your function.